April 17, 2015
Are you concerned about protecting your data from cyber criminals? Well, there are some simple things you can do to help minimize your risk. Top 5 are:
- Pick complex passwords that you will remember. Also, do not write them down anywhere or share them with anyone.
- Have an update-to-date, fully supported firewall that is handling content filtering and threat mitigation.
- Ensure your server and workstation Operating Systems are watched and managed regularly along with anti-virus software.
- Be sure you have a scheduled daily backup running and test it! Nowadays, it is highly recommended that you have a volume-based solution that acts as your dedicated Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) plan.
- Regularly create awareness and educate your employees on the dos and don’ts with regards to email, surfing the web and third-party Instant Messaging.