July 17, 2015
Thinking about a career change? In our fast paced world, you can easily apply to jobs on your phone. Here are some tips to get you started on your mobile job search.
1. Create a phone friendly cover letter/resume – Its so important to make sure your resume and cover letter are mobile web compatible. Making your resume available on your professional website as a PDF is a simple and smart idea.
2. Take advantage of mobile apps – Enjoying the beach? Out with friends? Now you can apply to jobs when you are literally anywhere. Most sites will even allow you to send your resume to the job through them as an “easy apply” job.
3. Create alerts – Instead of searching every day and going through hundreds on job descriptions, you can create alerts through mobile apps that will notify you when jobs that you are looking for become available.
4. Have an up to date profile – Some apps require you to sign in through your LinkedIn account. If this is the case, make sure your profile is up to date. Have as much information filled out as possible including a professional head shot.
5. Social media is your friend – Since most of us check our twitter and Facebooks at least once a day, take this time to search for a job. Scan hashtags relevant to your field or participate in Twitter chats.